feel the difference
Do you desire long-lasting smooth, hair-free and silky skin? Look slimmer and feel sleeker with our choice of hair removal methods from threading, Lycon strip wax, Lycon hot wax. Have confidence and book in with our fully qualified therapists to tackle your unwanted hair. Our therapists are specially trained to reach those hard to reach places which many are too embarrassed to ask about.
Most Salons only use the cream hotwax whereas we go over the same area with a second hotwax called Lycojet which removes all the fine vellus/downy hair providing an even smoother finish and a longer period between waxing.
Lycon Wax is the market leader in hair removal wax and is used around the world by many top spas and salons, frequented by international models and celebrities such as Victoria Beckham, Sienna Miller, Minnie Driver… and many more.
If you want to enjoy the sensation, attention, and admiration that a silky smooth, hairless and glowing skin inevitably attracts, waxing would be a way to achieve it. Ladies and gents love their bodies to be smooth and svelte, unwanted body hair can unsightly and embarrassing. Lycon Waxes creates smooth, silky skin that lasts much longer than shaving. Lycon Wax removes hair up to one millimeter in length from the root, this takes a long time for hair to regrow again anywhere from 3-8 weeks, depending on the individual speed of hair growth. This means your hair free smooth skin lasts much longer and you can go for that holiday on the beach and bask in the glory of your enviably smooth and glowing skin without having to worry about body hair showing up in the meantime.
Hair that grows after waxing is of a finer and softer variety, not rough and hard as after shaving. And the really good thing is – waxing does not cause ugly stubble as seen and felt in a day after shaving. Waxing leaves the skin soft, smooth and rejuvenated because it also removes a layer of dead cells from the surface of the skin, and thus, indirectly serves the function of exfoliating the skin as well. After repeated sessions of waxing, you will notice a much sparser hair growth, and hair growth may even stop eventually. Removing body hair by waxing is becoming so popular that even men are getting their bodies waxed in increasing numbers.
Care and Caution while Waxing
For optimum results if required trim hair to approximately ½ cm long and exfoliate prior to appointment. Do not expose yourself to direct sunlight in the 24 hours before waxing and especially in the 48 hours after. Avoid wearing tight clothing, hot baths and use of fragrant creams and lotions, especially body scrubs for the next 24 hours. If you are using Vitamin A creams or tablets like Differin, Retin A or Isoretinoin, it is strongly recommended that you do not wax. Do not wax on irritated, broken, chapped skin or on moles.
Lycon’s ground breaking hot wax shrink-wrap individual hairs and remove them as short as 1mm! It’s unbelievable on short, stubborn hair on any part of the face and intimate area. Lycon hot waxes are made from the finest selection of natural and soothing ingredients that nurture the skin, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and completely hair-free. Used at an extra low temperature, Lycon hot waxes can be re-applied 5 times on just waxed skin, without affecting their superior grip and pliability and without discomfort or irritation. Excellent on the most sensitive skins anywhere, Lycon hot waxes are the professional’s companion for perfect Brazilian and Hollywood waxing!
Body areas to use Lycon Hot Wax:
- Bikini lines, Nostrils, Underarms, Eyebrow, lips and facial area; it is extra gentle and soothing for those sensitive areas and leaves a cleaner and neater finish than Strip Wax.
At Fiji Beauty we also use Lycojet wax after hot waxing the bikini area and underarms to give an immaculate finish and longer lasting hair free skin. We use Lycojet as a ‘clean-up’ to remove any vellus fine hairs which may not be visible to the eye. Our therapists will demonstrate how much more finer hair is removed! Lycojet waxes are similar to traditional hot wax as no strip is required for removal. Should there be difficult or stubborn hair growth to remove, Lycojet can also be reapplied on the same area many times without skin trauma or irritation. As with the hot waxes Lycojet shrink wraps and removes hair as short as 1mm that strip waxes can miss on occasion, it is also recommended if hair is short and brittle. Lycojet eliminates the need to tweeze and is excellent for sensitive areas.
Advantages of Lycon Hot Wax
- Removes stubborn hairs: Lycon’s unique shrink wrapping technology removes short and stubborn hair from the root.
- The top layers of skin are not removed: as like warm strip wax, this makes it suitable for delicate areas such as the nostrils, labia and scrotum.
- Virtually pain-free: Lycon’s unique Pre Wax Oil is applied prior to Hot Waxing. This prevents the wax sticking to the skin, making your waxing experience less painful. There is also less reddening on the skin following Lycon’s Hot Wax with no bruising or blood spots.
- Suitable for sensitive skin: Pre Wax Oil forms a barrier between the wax and the skin allowing Lycon’s low temperature to be re-applied on the same area without causing skin irritation
- Finer Hair Re-growth: Lycon removes hairs from the root encouraging finer, softer hair re-growth and will achieve longer lasting results.
- Free from Ingrown hairs: Lycon is a super pliable and gentle wax which removes the shortest hair from the root. This eliminates ingrown hairs which can be caused by the hair breaking at skin level.
- No sticky residue is left with Lycon Wax.
Lycon Strip Wax is fast to apply, has an extra strong grip and no sticky residue. Using a metal spatula allows for ultra-thin application which results in minimum skin drag. It is made from a special blend of natural and organic raw materials to grip and remove hair as short as 2mm! All Lycon Strip Waxes are based on the same formula; however, they have their own individual colours and aromatherapy ingredients. All Lycon Strip waxes can be reapplied on the same area 2 to 3 times should some hair be missed.
Body areas to use Lycon Strip Wax:
- Bikini lines and Underarms; many salons use Lycon Strip Wax for these areas, however we much prefer and highly recommend the results and the painless waxing that Lycon hot waxes offer on these sensitive areas. Furthermore it is much easier to wax these areas with a hot wax as they leave a much cleaner and neater finish
- Body; Lycon Strip Waxes are perfect for legs, backs, chests, necks and arms, efficiently removing hair as short as 2mm