What are they?
- A mild form of acne.
- Small bumps with a dark surface that appear In the hair follicle.
- Similar to a white head but a black heads bump stays open.
- We have millions of hair follicles each with its own sebaceous gland which produces the oil that hydrates and keeps skin smooth.
- We constantly shed dead skin cells which merge with excess oils and collect in the opening of the follicles. These bumps stay open and pollution causes a dark surface which forms a black head.
Why do we get blackheads?
- Overproduction of oils due to hormone changes, diet and deficiency in vitamins.
- Build up of bacteria on the skin largely caused by acne and natural oils.
- Hormone changes caused by, menstruation, teenage years, contraception and menopause.
- Build up of dead skin cells through irregular exfoliation.
- Build up of dead skins cells due to skin not shedding naturally.
What ingredients should I use to remove blackheads?
- Salicylic Acid- works on the surface of the skin to break down debris in clogged pores.
- Retinol- normalises oil production and naturally exfoliates the skin.
What facial treatments treat blackheads?
- CACI microdermabrasion- deep exfoliation, supports blackhead removal and reduces scarring.
- Environ Cool Peel- destroys bacteria and decongests the skin. They remove dead skin cells whilst normalising hydration levels within the epidermis.
• Environ Purifying Facial- works to purify the pores by exfoliating the surface of the skin. Lactic acid is used to decongest the follicles and treat blemishes and scarring.
If you have a skin concern you are unsure if we can treat, please feel free to book a complimentary consultation and Observ Skin Analysis or call to speak to one of our qualified practitioners on 01213508482.